I am feeling lucky!!!

I still remember the day of my childhood, when I irritatingly discarded a newly-gifted doll because I somehow didn't like her hairstyle.  My mom next day gave it away to  my maid's daughter who often used to accompany her mother and play while her mother worked. And as soon she was given the doll, i discovered enlightened eyes and profound gush of happiness on her face. She hugged the doll tight and chuckled with happiness and left to her home with her new family member. I over heard the next day,that my discarded doll was being treated like a queen by the children of the slum. Even though, at that age of immaturity  , I could infer that my discarded belongings are a source of joy to them- I failed to understand a much deeper meaning behind. 

Now let me pull you out from my past and bring you  to my present. A college going girl- with piles of assignment to be submitted  by the the end of the weekend . And when you talk of assignments, how can you afford to forget our great Savior-mighty almamator - GOOGLE!! Whenever I sought Google's help for completing anything or rather beginning anything ;P - I somehow managed to catch a glimpse of  a useless button "I am feeling lucky".Even though i knew what was it all about - (if you really feel lucky ^-^ and trust google, you click on it and you will be straightaway taken to a single result which google feels matches your search criteria most accurately) ,I,ignored it as usual.

.Mr. Google!  Are you kidding me??? 

You expect "me" to feel lucky -- ME?? I have 5 assignments to finish in 1 day- have a nosy  roommate - the  laundry wala  spoiled my expensive dress - one of my friends betrayed me last week- AND you expect ME to click on I AM FEELING LUCKY?????

How many of us actually feel lucky? 

Someone  feels tortured of having a nagging wife while some complain of not so ambitious husband. Some of us may have notorious and disobedient kids while and most of us have bad boss! And in which century are you that you expect us to feel lucky a midst such cases and complications...!

Are you feeling lucky enough reading this writeup??? If yes, I am obliged...and if not you MUST! You must because you are luckier than 3 billion people on this earth who cannot read at all. Wanna feel luckier ?? Read on what inspired me today - 

"If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of the world.
If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change you are among the top 8% of the wordl’s wealthy.
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.
If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation you are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering. "

Even if I had to be a Mathematics jerk and  agree upon  the statistics with a pinch of salt,my mind somewhere agrees with rationale behind and my heart wants to believe to  what it wants to convey. May be I have not kept a track record of people killed in Libya or Syria owing to their  domestic problems, I may not have rechecked the figures from WHO, but I know while I am swimming in the fresh water happily, there are many who are dying out of thirst !

But ironically, we are so blind to be in the race of competition and so into a culture of greed , that we complain about our deprieved austerity, blame the unseen for our fate, dream of living  someone else's life and ridicule or forget the the beautiful things we have been gifted!! Like  "The Gift of  Life!" or ...........
 the "gifts" of life !!! ............................

.................The gift of hearing the melody of a bird singing and  the gift of seeing the seven colours of the rainbow. 

The gift to feel the peace in the music of gushing waterfall and gift of work. 

The gift of family and even if you don't have that -  the gift of  your own Life...! 

 And forgetting such gifts, ff you really  wanna  cry over the piece of land or a beautiful mansion you don't posses, Just think!
Won't you dream of having a palace and then the whole country after having that?? Is your happiness certain from such things ?? 

And if their lies no certainty and longevity of our happiness through such means, then why to cry  and crib about them ?? Why to cry over things that we don't have rather than feeling happy and thankful for what we do. ?

No, I am not asking you to become a Hermit or go to Himalayas for salvation( well, until you don't want to go there yourself) nor I am urging you to  stop working on your dreams,! YOU MUST NOT! YOU MUST GROW ! But how about growing up with happiness in heart and contentment in mind for what you already are gifted rather than cribbing and cringing  that grass on other side is greener??And as I would say..Why not be a Happy Miner rather than a Wandering Whiner ^_^!

Why not to stop for a moment, feel the breath, embrace the beauty and be thankful for being ourselves?? Imagine you  fall off a high  bridge  tonight,  , 3 seconds before being splashed in a deep river(you fear water and don't know how to swim!) you realize your last moment has come, being sharply splashed into a blue bed  is the last thing you see :  but some miracle saves you ! You next open your eyes amidst your loved ones with tearful eyes waiting for you to see them , first thing you feel is your own breath and the first surprise you get is that you are ALIVE ! the  You get a second life ...! rather Gifted a second life ..what would you make of your life now ?? Would you still hate it or be unhappy with it ?? 

And suddenly  I  recall a Persian proverb  which tells us more than I could... 

"While  I cried for not having the best shoe in the world , I saw a person having no feet..."

And I have no words left to say...