D for Destiny!

I chose something what my heart told was mine
I dreamt,slogged, and shed tears n sweat 
n achieved it at last.. 
I honoured it as an "Achievement'' they said - "It was Destined..''


Turning back the pages of the book of my life, the first few pages of adolescence chapter  tells you about a girl,spending hours finding for the best horoscope websites and subscribing to "Your daily horoscope delivered" kind of newsletters.Just because somewhere I strongly believed that the moment I step out of my house, my day would be governed by what my stars hold for me.Unknowingly, it made me handicapped. It made me  "expect"  some miracle to happen in my favour that day just because a day ago, I read in Tomorrow's horoscope the next day to be my lucky day.In case if it told me something like "you have to be careful tomorrow...." , right from the time i woke up, i "feared"each and every moment of my day.Yes,i was handicapped of  strength and paralysed by fear.As i recall, I asked myself - How could I be so silly and  timid huh?? Then I was washed off by my inner voice - "We all commit mistakes,we all fear something,we all have been stupid some day.We all  have been weak someday and we all have won something on some  day." 

Sitting by myself, gazing out from the rear window of my room,which stretched out its arms open to the dusty fog covering the mountains, I pondered just like any other unsatisfied human - would my  present life been better r if i had chosen something else in my past.Though the self-introspection took a while, it finally got me to a point.I had been expecting a lot from Life, people, those online astrologers and of course my fate.On one side where i expected from my fate, my fear kept me away for making one of my own.

"Expectations" and "Fear" , "Fear and Expectations" , echoed certain times in my mind and I concluded  should be awarded and ranked  No#1 on an April Fools day for their immense contribution in  fooling the human race since  birth. On one hand where the former  lands you in disappointments and tears mostly,the latter makes sure you don't move ahead , you stay and rot in your darkness.

And so wondering  how this 5 letter word could be so powerful,I tried putting it under my magnifying glasses to understand the bigger picture. "Fear!" Fear of what? Fear that situations are gonna be bad? Fear of loosing what you have now ? Fear being wronged by someone? Some forces which will be aiding something wrong to happen to you? And here's the catch. "Who is the someone and which forces ?? Forces who hate you? Forces who just want to take revenge on you? Forces who want to make you as its slave? "How does that force keeps me from achieving whatever I want ? Before  I  could google that , my heart told me "it was I,myself.

Long ago I read a book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne.The day I read the book , was so fired up that I actually started working on my "wish-list" the moment I completed reading.As soon my wish-list was done, I  was the happiest girl on the planet. Thinking and writing my wish-list made me feel  as if  i had "almost" achieved it, gave me a feeling of happiness and satisfaction, and after 5 minutes i was on bed dreaming about the life after my all the dreams were fulfilled. Dreamy ?- yes i was one! But the book actually wanted me to do something else.It asks you to the ''support" the forces of the universe ,in order to make your dreams come true.It asks you to dream and work towards it! To live with the dream, hug it ,,toil day and night and work for it. After all,even the universe wants a proof  like a cautious banker judging you before dispersing a loan - if  u really need it and have the ability to pay for it !!  Here i recall a wonderful  quote by William James- 

"If you care enough for a result, you most certainly attain it!" - If  only "The Secret" book was asked to be alive and describe itself in one line, i guess it would have said the same.

 If we really want something, we get only if - we "go and get it".If we really love something, you  just don't care how many people laugh on you, how much price you  have to pay in terms of sacrificing your "comfort zone", how much time does it takes or how many people or situations tell you - "You can't!". Just GO and Get it!!. Go and defeat that Fear. Go and defeat your weakness which tells you can't do it.Go and defeat  the darkness which tells you its a gloomy night time in your life. The day you know you have to defeat them. the day your dreams come true and that.....is your luckiest day..!!

So every time you are knocked down, every time you are told by failure en-route that this path is just too rugged for you to walk, every time your weakness crops up and tells you "Quit"' , just tell them - "'No honey! You can't stop me -Not this time !!!".

And so if  "Destiny'' is defined as one  deciding  your future by some of them , here ''Destiny' for me would mean what we are going to create ourselves by deciding on what we want, working on it  and that  deciding moment  when we say "I won't Quit!''. Every time my weakness  urges  me to give up - I just read these beautiful lines : -

"Destiny doesn't makes or breaks you..., its our own "willpower" and mentality that decides..
So never hesitate-never feel low.. , Wear a smile n .. Steal the show!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment